Since its launch in October of 2016, Instagram Stories has seen a 400% increase in daily user activity with over 500 million daily users, according to SocialMedia Today with research from Animoto. What does that mean to you and your business? That means that if you are not taking advantage of IG Stories and all the fun you can have with them, you are really missing out! Here are some tips to get you started on the right path.
What should I post about?
- Walk around your location and show off your community
- Hint: start by walking into the building then tour the facility. Make sure you let some of the suite owners know ahead of time so you can have them speak (testimonials on why Salons by JC rocks)
- Share IG stories your location has been tagged in
- Hint: you can also add more gifs and text to your reshared stories
- Post photos you’ve taken
Incorporate the options that Instagram has in their app to your advantage
Instagram has given you an array of different options when you are working on your IG story. Use them all and make your story fun. Still hesitant? Experiment on your personal IG account and become comfortable with all of you options. Practice makes perfect. Get creative and tell a story.
- Type – share your message
- Music – music always livens up a video
- Live – be brave and go live!
- Normal- static and video
- Boomerang – bring it back and forth
- Superzoom – my favorite of all!
- Focus – focus on a face
- Rewind – reverse what you just shot
- Hands Free – attach your phone to a mini tripod and forget about holding down the button
But that’s not all…
Did someone say you can add more stuff? Remember to mention who is in your story. Why you ask? Because then they can share it! Always add the location. Adding these little things allows people the ability to click on them and they will be directed to your location or the person you mention. Sharing is caring after all. Can you hashtag? Of course you can. #salonsbyistheplacetobe
Other options you can include:
- Poll – do you like this?
- Love it slider – ask a question
- Quiz – have you had a service here before?
- Photo- add a photo within the post
- Day of the week
Have you opened your Instagram app yet?
Always remember to refer to your location and promote the fun environment at your Salons by JC. Take advantage to promote your in-house leasing specials. This creates great organic content for your location and for your suite owners. Do you need a little more assistance? Well you are in luck. We recently launched an Instagram Story training course that takes you through all the glory that IG Stories can bring to your life. If you’d like more information contact Marlene at the corporate office. Learn the tips and tricks you can use and don’t miss out on the fun.
ABOUT Salons by JC
In 1997, Jack Griffey and Cecil Miller began their journey to transform the beauty industry one salon suite at a time. Like most young entrepreneurs, they started out with a big idea but had to learn how to start and run a business from scratch. After much perseverance and hard work, one year later, they opened Salons by JC in Dallas, Texas in 1998, welcoming beauty and wellness specialists who were ready to break free from the traditional salon model. The company has since moved its headquarters from Dallas to San Antonio, where it continues to grow through franchising. Today, Salons by JC has nearly 100 locations in 26 states and Canada and are looking to develop of 200 over the next several years. For more information, visitor .
Blog written by:
Marlene M. Romo Flores
Franchise & Corporate Marketing
Salons by JC