Listen up Beauty professionals! Do you find yourself a little burned out from doing what you do, behind the chair? Maybe the thrill is gone, you don’t get excited about getting up in the morning and going to work the way you used to. It’s a chore! It’s agonizing! You could find 100 better things to do, and to top it all off, at the end of the week it seems you have little to show for your efforts and you feel like you’ve been running a long marathon, physically and mentally!
Ok, when this happens to you, it’s time to take a close look to what’s really going on.
– As a general rule, if you are not acquiring at least 1 new guest a month, maybe you aren’t “Wowing” your current ones enough for them to even tell anyone how wonderful you are.
– Also remember to acknowledge your current guests with a “Guest Appreciation day/week/month”. Create a small banner or a flyer to post so that your new guest will see how much you appreciate them.
2. Did you run a special last quarter?
– Try something like, 7-10 foils for an accent or pop of color. Perhaps 50% off, for new guests that book a hair cut & Style.
– Another idea could be a conditioning treatment special, especially during the changes of seasons when the hair may need some TLC.
3. Lastly entrepreneurs, keep track of what you do each quarter. How many new guests? Who took advantage of what specials? This will help you gauge how your business grows through your efforts. It will
also indicate what changes you may need to make to increase revenue and gain a more solid guest base. Tracking, is a reminder that if you don’t know where you are, you won’t know where you are going.
Traditional Salon Employees:
Keep it moving where your business is concerned! Your work is more than your technical abilities, it’s also your ability to grow and keep your business fresh and progressing. You are Creative, Smart and Talented….but never Stale and Stagnate. Move into your destiny creative souls!